JERUSALEM – This week, college campuses throughout North America have declared “Israel Apartheid Week,” where Israel is berated as an allegedly apartheid entity.
The way to cope with such allegations is to put the shoe on the other foot and to look at which side truly fosters an apartheid entity.
Presently, the newly constituted Palestinian Authority (P.A.) is preparing a state of Palestine based on new Middle East rules of Apartheid and institutionalized discrimination:
1. The P.A. claims the right of every Arab community to return to Arab villages lost in the 1948 war.
2. While 20 percent of Israel’s citizens are Arabs, the P.A. will not allow even one Jew to live in its midst.
3. P.A. law mandates that anyone who sells land to a Jew is liable to the death penalty
4. Those who murder Jews are honored on all official media outlets of the P.A.
5. P.A. maps depict all of Palestine under Palestinian rule
6. P.A. maps of Jerusalem once again delete the Jewish Quarter of Jerusalem
7. P.A. documents claim all of Jerusalem.
8. The P.A. denies the right of Jewish access to Jewish holy places in their midst.
9. The Palestinian State Constitution denies juridical status to any religion besides Islam.
10. The P.A. will not allow the creation of any system of human rights or civil liberties in a future state.
If that is not the formula for a totalitarian apartheid state of Palestine, then what is?
David Bedein can be reached at [email protected].