LATEST NEWS ON ANTI-SEMITISM
Defending Antisemites, Rutgers President Takes Aim at The AlgemeinerSwastikas and anti-Semitism rife on campus: MPs hear how image is now seen as a ‘casual symbol of fun’ and Holocaust denial literature is being handed out
BOYCOTT, DIVESTMENT AND SANCTIONS (BDS)
LATEST NEWS ON BDS
- Anti-Israel Activists Subvert a Scholarly Group
- BDS-backed legislation in US Congress uses Palestinian ‘children’s rights’ as attack. White supremacy and divestment pushed in campus BDS as details emerge on organized BDS takeovers of academic associations.
- Trump names attorney who fights campus anti-Semitism to civil rights post
- At NYU and Elsewhere, Jewish Voice for Peace Deters Positive Discourse
- Bedeviled by Anti-Israel Boycotters at Duke
SPME and EMET invites you to conversation addressing a New Pathway to Israeli-Palestinian Relations with Khaled Abu Toameh and Bruce Daniel DikerNational Conference of Jewish Lawyers and Jurists
- Jewish Studies Scholars Sign Statement Condemning Recognition of Jerusalem as Israel’s Capital
- 16 UC Berkeley faculty side with Jewish students against Bazian
- Rutgers Professor Michael Chikindas to Be Disciplined, Removed From Multiple Posts for Anti-Semitic Remarks
- Rutgers President Owes The Algemeiner an Apology
- Middle East Studies Association Panel Considers Undue Influence of Jewish Campus Institutions
This list is based on positions expressed by the Presidents of such Universities or others in a position to state a university’s position (e.g., communications staff). We are aware of no university in the U.S. endorsing the boycott. See University statements rejecting academic boycott of Israel.
For decades, the American Studies Association labored in well-deserved obscurity. No longer. It has now made a name for itself by voting to boycott Israeli universities, accusing them of denying academic and human rights to Palestinians.
Given that Israel has a profoundly democratic political system, the freest press in the Middle East…
The list of Universities condemning the academic boycott of Israel passed by the American Studies Association and two smaller academic groups is growing. New announcements are being made daily, although I expect a lull in new announcements as most universities are closed until after New Year’s Day.