LATEST NEWS ON ANTI-SEMITISM
On the Frontlines of Progressive Anti-SemitismFordham’s proper effort to exclude SJP from its campus
BOYCOTT, DIVESTMENT AND SANCTIONS (BDS)
LATEST NEWS ON BDS
- BDS in academia ramps up as anti-Israel activism permeates new aspects of campus life as administrators cave to demands. Democratic positions shift to reflect BDS pressure
- Top Canadian Jewish Group ‘Deeply Concerned’ by Federally-Funded Voting Guide That Promoted BDS
- New U.N. report highlights increase in global antisemitism as special rapporteur notes “fundamentally antisemitic” elements of BDS movement
- UN expert on Palestinian territories calls for ban on ‘illegal settlement’ products
- BDS, Antisemitism, and Class
Human Rights in a Polarized WorldAntisemitism: Yesterday and Today, Here and Abroad
- Open Letter to President Robert A. Brown of Boston University
- Where Does the Impulse to Vilify America and the West Come From?
- Boston University considering hiring professor who accuses Israel of ‘rape,’ ‘systematic massacres’
- Columbia University, Barnard, Are ‘A Hotbed for Hate’ – Report
- In defeat for boycott movement, academic conference back on track to be held in Israel
This list is based on positions expressed by the Presidents of such Universities or others in a position to state a university’s position (e.g., communications staff). We are aware of no university in the U.S. endorsing the boycott. See University statements rejecting academic boycott of Israel.
For decades, the American Studies Association labored in well-deserved obscurity. No longer. It has now made a name for itself by voting to boycott Israeli universities, accusing them of denying academic and human rights to Palestinians.
Given that Israel has a profoundly democratic political system, the freest press in the Middle East…
The list of Universities condemning the academic boycott of Israel passed by the American Studies Association and two smaller academic groups is growing. New announcements are being made daily, although I expect a lull in new announcements as most universities are closed until after New Year’s Day.