LATEST NEWS ON ANTISEMITISM
Lethal, own-goal War JournalismLabour Members Pushing to Adopt Peter Beinart’s, Richard Falk’s Definition of Anti-Semitism
BOYCOTT, DIVESTMENT AND SANCTIONS (BDS)
LATEST NEWS ON BDS
- Gaza conflict generates anti-Israel protests and widespread antisemitic violence. Anti-Israel loyalty oaths emerge as campus condemnations and petitions against Israel expand.
- Canadian court overturns barring ‘product of Israel’ labels on Judea, Samaria wine
- Cambridge, Mass., rejects BDS resolution after contentious council meeting
- BDS Advocates Claim Major Victory After Federal Judge Overrules Georgia Anti-Boycott Law
- Anti-Zionist Jewish faculty and students take lead as “contentious” IHRA antisemitism definitions defeated in student government votes. Alternate definitions without Israel gain political support as BDS looms over New York City elections.
This list is based on positions expressed by the Presidents of such Universities or others in a position to state a university’s position (e.g., communications staff). We are aware of no university in the U.S. endorsing the boycott. See University statements rejecting academic boycott of Israel.
For decades, the American Studies Association labored in well-deserved obscurity. No longer. It has now made a name for itself by voting to boycott Israeli universities, accusing them of denying academic and human rights to Palestinians.
Given that Israel has a profoundly democratic political system, the freest press in the Middle East…
The list of Universities condemning the academic boycott of Israel passed by the American Studies Association and two smaller academic groups is growing. New announcements are being made daily, although I expect a lull in new announcements as most universities are closed until after New Year’s Day.