LATEST NEWS ON ANTI-SEMITISM
Canadian student body rejects IHRA definition of antisemitismJewish Student Says She Left City University of New York Law School After Being Targeted by Antisemitic Harassment for Supporting Israel
BOYCOTT, DIVESTMENT AND SANCTIONS (BDS)
LATEST NEWS ON BDS
- The Iranian People: Between Maximum Pressure and Maximum Resistance – With David David Menashri – Mar 31, 2020
- Coronvavirus shuts down campuses, thwarts ‘apartheid week.’ BDS expands influence in political races and US House
- ‘Rebranding’ BDS on the African continent
- Austrian Press Council: Calling BDS ‘antisemitic’ not a violation of code
- Austrian parliament unanimously passes condemnation of anti-Israel boycotts
SPME Shillman Lecture Series: Antisemitism here and nowMLK’s Teachings in Today’s World: Combating Racism and Anti-Semitism
- Even In a Pandemic, Columbia Students Promote BDS
- Holocaust Survivor and Israeli Professor Is Being Targeted at Pittsburgh College
- Canadian student body rejects IHRA definition of antisemitism
- Jewish Student Says She Left City University of New York Law School After Being Targeted by Antisemitic Harassment for Supporting Israel
- Columbia U President ‘Increasingly Concerned’ Over Rising Anti-Semitism
This list is based on positions expressed by the Presidents of such Universities or others in a position to state a university’s position (e.g., communications staff). We are aware of no university in the U.S. endorsing the boycott. See University statements rejecting academic boycott of Israel.
For decades, the American Studies Association labored in well-deserved obscurity. No longer. It has now made a name for itself by voting to boycott Israeli universities, accusing them of denying academic and human rights to Palestinians.
Given that Israel has a profoundly democratic political system, the freest press in the Middle East…
The list of Universities condemning the academic boycott of Israel passed by the American Studies Association and two smaller academic groups is growing. New announcements are being made daily, although I expect a lull in new announcements as most universities are closed until after New Year’s Day.