LATEST NEWS ON ANTISEMITISM
It’s Time to Admit It: The Left Has an Antisemitism ProblemFighting Antisemitism? Okay, Boomer.
BOYCOTT, DIVESTMENT AND SANCTIONS (BDS)
LATEST NEWS ON BDS
- The Progressive Saviour Complex: Quakers, American Jews and Israel
- Academics pledge to abandon objectivity regarding Israel as teachers’ unions debate BDS. Ben & Jerry’s ‘settlement boycott’ triggers US anti-BDS laws.
- Nordic fund KLP disinvests from 16 Israeli firms over settlement ties
- BDS statements from students, faculty, and journalists proliferate as pushback yields some results. BDS statements from K-12 teachers shows CRT influence
- Senators re-introduce bill supporting state, local anti-BDS measures
This list is based on positions expressed by the Presidents of such Universities or others in a position to state a university’s position (e.g., communications staff). We are aware of no university in the U.S. endorsing the boycott. See University statements rejecting academic boycott of Israel.
For decades, the American Studies Association labored in well-deserved obscurity. No longer. It has now made a name for itself by voting to boycott Israeli universities, accusing them of denying academic and human rights to Palestinians.
Given that Israel has a profoundly democratic political system, the freest press in the Middle East…
The list of Universities condemning the academic boycott of Israel passed by the American Studies Association and two smaller academic groups is growing. New announcements are being made daily, although I expect a lull in new announcements as most universities are closed until after New Year’s Day.