LATEST NEWS ON ANTISEMITISM
The Alignment of BDS and Black Lives Matter: Implications for Israel and Diaspora JewryReport finds that harassment of Jewish students tied to discrediting of global anti-Semitism definition
BOYCOTT, DIVESTMENT AND SANCTIONS (BDS)
LATEST NEWS ON BDS
- ‘Annexation’ protests prompt BDS/BLM harassment of Jewish organizations. BDS reorients towards ‘annexation’ with Congressional support.
- The Alignment of BDS and Black Lives Matter: Implications for Israel and Diaspora Jewry
- German MPs part of BDS calling for Israel’s destruction in art exhibit
- Former Canadian PM Stephen Harper: BDS movement brings anti-Semitism into the mainstream
- Missouri enacts anti-BDS law, joining 31 other states
Middle East Textbooks: Positive Change and Islamist ResistanceWrestling with Annexation and the Future of US-Israeli Relations
- Social Media Group Shares the Stories of Being a Jew on a College Campus
- Report finds that harassment of Jewish students tied to discrediting of global anti-Semitism definition
- New Offshoot of Students for Justice in Palestine Is Just as Radical — and Antisemitic
- U of York adopts IHRA definition of antisemitism
- Lawmakers urge investigation into Yale over faculty support for BDS
This list is based on positions expressed by the Presidents of such Universities or others in a position to state a university’s position (e.g., communications staff). We are aware of no university in the U.S. endorsing the boycott. See University statements rejecting academic boycott of Israel.
For decades, the American Studies Association labored in well-deserved obscurity. No longer. It has now made a name for itself by voting to boycott Israeli universities, accusing them of denying academic and human rights to Palestinians.
Given that Israel has a profoundly democratic political system, the freest press in the Middle East…
The list of Universities condemning the academic boycott of Israel passed by the American Studies Association and two smaller academic groups is growing. New announcements are being made daily, although I expect a lull in new announcements as most universities are closed until after New Year’s Day.