Amb. Dore Gold and Judge Richard Goldstone
will discuss the UN Report on war crimes in Gaza
Brandeis University, Thurs., Nov. 5 at 5 p.m., EST
To watch the webcast live, click here
In what is sure to be a heated debate, South African Judge Richard Goldstone will discuss his report for the first time with a senior Israeli figure. Dore Gold, former Israeli ambassador to the United Nations and president of the Jerusalem Center for Public Affairs, will respond to Goldstone in the forum and then both will take questions from the audience.
Professor Ilan Troen, who heads the Schusterman Center for Israel Studies at Brandeis University, said in an interview: “What we’re in for is learned, direct, and honest drama.” (Boston Globe, Oct. 22, 2009)
The debate is a program of the International Center for Ethics, Justice, and Public Life and the Schusterman Center for Israel Studies at Brandeis University.
Background Information from the Jerusalem Center
on the Goldstone Report and the Gaza War
- Blocking the Truth of the Gaza War: How the Goldstone Commission Understated the Hamas Threat to Palestinian Civilians – Col. (res.) Jonathan D. Halevi
- Palestinian “Policemen” Killed in Gaza Operation Were Trained Terrorists – Col. (res.) Jonathan D. Halevi
- International Law and Military Operations in Practice – Col. Richard Kemp CBE
- Did Israel Use “Disproportionate Force” in Gaza? – Dore Gold
- International Law and the Fighting in Gaza – Justus Reid Weiner and Avi Bell
- Accountability of Hamas Under International Humanitarian Law – Sigall Horovitz