LATEST NEWS ON ANTISEMITISM
Anti-Semitism and the IntellectualsLondon Jewish group releases 15,000 page report on Labour Party antisemitism
BOYCOTT, DIVESTMENT AND SANCTIONS (BDS)
LATEST NEWS ON BDS
- BDS co-opts George Floyd protests, blames Israel for US police violence. Europeans threaten boycotts as ‘annexation’ looms.
- BDS co-founder says goal of movement is end of Israel
- The Battle over BDS – Trends, Lessons, and Future Trajectories
- Watchdog Group Slams UN Human Rights Council After Presentation of ‘Blacklist’ of Companies Doing Business in Settlements
- ‘Major Blow to BDS’: Bill Criminalizing Business With Israeli Settlements Shelved by New Irish Coalition
Middle East Textbooks: Positive Change and Islamist ResistanceWrestling with Annexation and the Future of US-Israeli Relations
- Ex-Head of American Association of University Professors Slams Award for SFSU Professor Who Engaged in Hate Speech Against Jewish Students
- Jewish Studies Professors for Palestine
- Academic Freedom Win: Israel Boycott Supporter Ilana Feldman Will Not Be Dean at George Washington U
- Discrimination Can Be Rewarding
- Normalizing Palestinian Scholarship and Antisemitism in the Nation’s Capital
This list is based on positions expressed by the Presidents of such Universities or others in a position to state a university’s position (e.g., communications staff). We are aware of no university in the U.S. endorsing the boycott. See University statements rejecting academic boycott of Israel.
For decades, the American Studies Association labored in well-deserved obscurity. No longer. It has now made a name for itself by voting to boycott Israeli universities, accusing them of denying academic and human rights to Palestinians.
Given that Israel has a profoundly democratic political system, the freest press in the Middle East…
The list of Universities condemning the academic boycott of Israel passed by the American Studies Association and two smaller academic groups is growing. New announcements are being made daily, although I expect a lull in new announcements as most universities are closed until after New Year’s Day.