LATEST NEWS ON ANTI-SEMITISM
Is Anti-Zionism on Campus a Passing Nuisance, or a Fundamental Threat?Anthropology and Anti-Semitism
BOYCOTT, DIVESTMENT AND SANCTIONS (BDS)
LATEST NEWS ON BDS
- Anthropologists narrowly reject BDS resolution but still apply sanctions. Presbyterians approve more pressure on Israel while more states take action against BDS.
- Palestinian BDS Operatives: Activities of US Peace Groups Are Destroying Anti-Normalization Efforts
- State Department Funds Televised Call for Boycotting Israel; The New York Times Is Amused
- Paris Suburb Votes to Boycott All Goods From Israeli Settlements
- US Ambassador: ‘Best weapon against BDS – a Palestinian state’
This list is based on positions expressed by the Presidents of such Universities or others in a position to state a university’s position (e.g., communications staff). We are aware of no university in the U.S. endorsing the boycott. See University statements rejecting academic boycott of Israel.
For decades, the American Studies Association labored in well-deserved obscurity. No longer. It has now made a name for itself by voting to boycott Israeli universities, accusing them of denying academic and human rights to Palestinians.
Given that Israel has a profoundly democratic political system, the freest press in the Middle East…
The list of Universities condemning the academic boycott of Israel passed by the American Studies Association and two smaller academic groups is growing. New announcements are being made daily, although I expect a lull in new announcements as most universities are closed until after New Year’s Day.